Easy, filling, and abso-freakin-lutely delicious. The boy makes happy food noises whenever he eats this, and the leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day. I like to grab a BBQ chicken from the store and throw this together in 15-20 minutes on weeknights.
The peanut lime dressing is one of my go-to sauces. It’s great with stir frys, kebobs, noodles, chicken – anything you might want to add a bit of a Thai flare to.
Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
- 300g coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage with some carrots — I use the packaged kind to keep it simple)
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- Handful of peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Handful of cilantro, coarsely chopped
Peanut Lime Sauce
Adapted from The First Mess
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter (the natural kind)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small blender. Mix with salad.